Sunday, May 11, 2014

Hadith Qudsi: Our Dependence on Allah and Prohibition of Oppression - IqraSense.com : Wisdom from Quran and Hadith : IqraSense.com

Hadith Qudsi: Our Dependence on Allah and Prohibition of Oppression - Wisdom from Quran and Hadith

The following is one of the very popular ‘Hadith Qudsi’. A Hadith Qudsi is one where the Prophet (SAWS) narrated those of Allah’s (SWT) words which are not mentioned in the Quran.
This hadith has a number of lessons some of which are as follows:
  • Our dependence on Allah for provisions and other matters
  • Prohibition on oppression
  • Opportunity to get our sins pardoned
  • Our actions (good or bad) don’t and can’t hurt Allah
  • If Allah gave everyone their wishes, it will not decrease from Allah’s Kingdom.
The following is the hadith Qudsi in Arabic and English.
islam on Hadith Qudsi: Our Dependence on Allah and Prohibition of Oppression
It was relayed on the authority of Abu Dhar al-Ghifari(ra) that the Prophet(sas) said, of what he related from his Lord, Magnified and Exalted be He, Who said:
“O My servants, I have made oppression unlawful for Me and unlawful for you, so do not commit oppression against one another. O My servants, all of you are liable to err except for those whom I guide on the right path, therefore seek guidance from Me so that I should direct you to the right path. O My servants, all of you are hungry (needy) except for those whom I feed, therefore seek food from Me so that I may feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked (need clothes) except for those whom I provide garments, therefore seek clothing from Me so that I should clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day and I am there to pardon your sins, therefore seek forgiveness from Me so that I should grant you pardon. O My servants, you can neither do Me any harm nor can you do Me any good. O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of Jinns become as pious as the most pious heart of any one amongst you, it will not add anything to My Power or Kingdom. O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of Jinns become as wicked as the most wicked heart of anyone amongst you, it will not decrease anything from My Power or Kingdom. O My servants, even if the first amongst you and the last amongst you and the whole human race of yours and that of Jinns gather together on a sector of land and all ask of Me and if I were to give everyone of them what they asked, that will not in any way decrease what I have anymore than a needle decreases what is in the ocean when it is put into it. O My servants, these deeds of yours which I am recording for you I shall reward you for them, so he who finds good should praise Allah and he who finds other than that should not blame anyone but himself.”
– End

No comments:

Post a Comment